Pages

May 15, 2016

Block scheduling

One of the tasks to do in "Say Goodbye to Survival Mode" was about creating a block schedule, using your priorities and main things, to map out how you spend your time each day. She suggested having 2 hours of margin time for unexpected events, and then spending the other 22 hours planned for what you want to get done in a day.

Here's the block schedule I created:
24hour block schedule (weekday hours)
7 hours sleep
1.5 hours driving
7 hours working
1 hour cooking
1 hour cleaning
2 hours margin time 
1 hours getting dressed; packing bags
1 hour personal time (social media, coloring, relaxing)
.5 eating 
1 hour family time
1 hour writing

Now I know that I'm probably forgetting some things, which is why my schedule looks decent, but in reality it probably won't really look that pretty lol. I've realized recently that I have a really hard time sitting still without doing something, and usually I resort to either getting up and not relaxing, or doing laundry as I try to relax. And sometimes that's fine, but most of the times I really need the rest time, just for a few minutes to get my energy back, before I can get back to the race.

The only issue that I'm finding with using a schedule like this is not having a set start time and end time. To me it makes more sense to say "I'll clean my house between 3-4pm" instead of just saying a wushu washy "I'll clean my house for an hour today." It will either end up being no cleaning at all or cleaning for 4.2 hours straight and not having time for anything else. I'm not sure, but maybe there's a trick to the follow through. I still haven't read past chapter 3 so maybe that will be  covered in the next chapter. If you want to check out the book for yourself, I HIGHLY recommend getting an account with Audible. It was super easy to sign up, and getting the book for free is awesome:) Anyways, here's hoping getting some type of schedule can give me some sanity. Peace ya'll✌️

Much Love, Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment