Pages

January 2, 2016

Mission Statement


I've never really seen myself as a dreamer, like I don't really have some huge pipeline goal for 25 years from now. But, every year I do always try to make some kind of change for myself for New Years. There's just something about a fresh start that really encourages people to think about things like that. Now, I'm not a crazy person who resolves to lose 50 lbs by July (and really my resolutions never have to do with my health anyway), I prefer(ed) easy wishy-washy resolutions like "be a better person" or "have fun". You know, things that I couldn't really mess up because they weren't specific enough. And I never kept track of what I wanted just invade I did fail. 

That all changed in 2015. I got a planner. And I've used planners in the past, but this one was different. It was like magic, because I found out that if I wanted to make a goal of finishing a book, all I had to do was to write down to finish the book by {insert date here} and I would. It was almost like seeing my goal every time I used my planner actually encouraged me to do it! (On a side note, I just learned I've been spelling incouraged wrong my whole life!!) Trippy, right?! Planning on doing something actually made it happen. So, just going on a whim here, I decided to plan "goals" for the new year, write them down, and then maybe, just maybe, they would actually happen!! {lightbulb!!}

But, I didn't have any goals. Or I thought I didn't. I just didn't know how to make goals. Like I said earlier, I dont have some life long dream for myself. I don't know what career I want to do forever, I don't know where I want to live, I don't even know how many kids I want. But I do know that whatever I do, I want it to be for God. So, I'm a little hesitant in making plans for myself, because seriously, His are way better. Having my daughter a month before I turned 21 was never something I would have chosen for myself, but she is the greatest gift I would have ever dreamed of having. And the nerdy clarinet player across the marching field wouldn't have been my first choice for a husband, but turns out nerdy clarinet boy was everything I have ever wanted. 

Anyway, back to goals. I didn't know where to start to plan goals for myself, so I turned to my trusty bff (Pinterest) and I found a printable {squeals!!} a FREE printable. Or maybe it was 50¢, I forget. But it was almost free. It was "The Goal Planning Workbook" (link http://creativehomekeeper.com/goal-planning-workbook/ ) {btw it is 50¢ if you sign up for her emails}.  This workbook changed me. The first thing she has you do is write your personal mission statement, and she links to another FREE workbook to do so, "Mission Statements for Moms", and even if your not a mom, seriously it will still get the job done phenomenally. (Link  http://inspiredtoaction.com/resources/free-mission-statements-for-moms-ebook/) 
I followed each workbook step-by-step and prayed. And words came out of my head that I wouldn't have dreamed of.  I still want to write a mission statement for my blog, so that's on my list:)

Here's my own personal mission statement:

My purpose is
To yield my whole life to Gods plan, and bring glory to Him with all that I do.
To be Kalebs helper, and love him unconditionally, to inspire his faith through they purity and reverence of my actions.
To be a present and loving mom, and to teach my children the love of Christ and to serve Him above all else.
To show God's love to those around me, and to encourage and inspire others through teaching and creating. 

See what I mean?! It's probably grammatically incorrect, but hey, grammar isn't my purpose. It gets the job done. And I know what my priorities are in life. And I know how to make goals based on my priorities. And now, I know what to say no to, because I've found out what I want all my yeses to be for. God is so good. And I thank Him for the wonders of Pinterest, the Internet, and the inspiration of other bloggers. 

Much Love, Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment