Pages

November 19, 2015

10 podcasts Im listening to


I just recently discovered the world of podcasts, and I actually found myself thinking, "Where has this been all my life?!" How much time have I wasted driving back and forth to work staring blankly at the road when I could have been enjoying the time instead? (part of me wants to try to calculate this... 1.5 hours a day, 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year.... 

Anyway, that's a lot of time.  But, looking forward, I can now spend that time learning and enriching my life.  If you haven't already, please look into spending time listening to podcasts! They're free, encouraging, and so simple to add to your daily routine.  I listen while I'm driving, while I'm washing dishes, folding clothes, and jogging.  (ok, I don't jog, but I could totally see myself trying just so I can listen to podcasts more!!)

So, now that you're totally convinced to give these a try, here are some I would like to recommend starting with:

1) The Homemaking Foundations Podcast
I couldn't say enough good things about this podcast. Jami feels like my best friend, which I know is totally creepy, but trust me, you'll get it when you start listening.  She has so much biblical wisdom on being an intentional homemaker, and is a huge inspiration.  

2) The Love and Respect Podcast
This is put on by a father and son team who seem to have discovered the secret to healthy marriages with two simple words: Love and Respect.  There are tons of tips and tricks to use in all relationships you have, and they always have a weekly challenge to encourage you more.

3) A Slob Comes Clean
Dana White is so relatable and funny as she provides tips and thoughts on keeping house.  I've only listened to a few of these because I'm trying to focus all my energy now on learning to be a better wife, but this podcast is definitely next on my list.  

4) Jolene Engle
Again, I've only listened to a few of these, and there are only 5 available on itunes, but they are so full of wisdom and encouragement to women that it's worth looking into.

So, like I said in the beginning of this post, I've just discovered podcasts, and I haven't listened to that many yet.  However, I've seen these next 6 recommended by several different blogs I follow, so I'm going to trust them enough to give them a try:)

5) A Happy Home Podcast

6) Homemakers By Choice

7) Domestic CEO (Update, 12.9.15, I have listened to one or two of these podcasts, and I wouldn't recommend them. They weren't horrible, but they were not Christian based, and the episodes I listened to didn't really give me any helpful information.)

8) Organize 365 

9) FlyLady Tools

10) Wifey Wednesdays (Update 12.9.15, I have listened to quite a few of these episodes since posting this, and I love every single one! She has wonderful, encouraging advice for Christian wives and she is a fun person to listen to. I highly recommend this podcast as well! ){on a related note, there is a manly version of this podcast for all the men in your lives, called Biblical Maniliness, and the ratings for it are fantastic! If it's anything as good as Wifey Wednesday's, then this would be perfect for the men!}

No comments:

Post a Comment