Pages

November 22, 2015

Hungry Cheese

Ok I couldn't think of a better title, so forgive me for thinking I'm very funny and clever (insert laughing at self here). Last night my husband and I had a date!!! Like a real date, no child. We had a gift card for The Melting Pot (beaus we wouldn't be able to afford it on our own haha) and we also went to go see The Mockingjay part 2. 

So about the cheese, it was incredible!! The booths where we sat were so romantic (and just a hint of sexy) because you couldn't see any other table from where you were, and it was a little corner booth just for the 2 of us. Low lighting and melty cheese..... Mmmmmmm. We started with an Alpine cheese, which had white wine and garlic, and we dipped apples, bread, and some fresh veggies. It was amazing!!! And I need to buy a fondue pot for our house now lol.

The next course was a salad, Kaleb ordered the caeser salad, and I had a spinach salad with hard boiled egg, apples, and sweet spiced peacans. Oh my I've never had a tasteyer salad!! The caeser salad also had candied pine nuts, which I wouldn't have ever thought to add but it was incredible.

Next up it was the entree course, we ordered a red wine cooking liquid, and some meat and seafood trays. I was totally not expecting a try of raw meat! The waitress brought it out along with 5 different sauces for dipping, and instructions for cooking each meat to perfection. It was fun to figure out how to manage this, and honestly our whole dinner experience took almost 2 hours!

Last but not least, was the dessert course, chocolate fondue:). We couldn't agree on a more extravagant type of chocolate so we ended up with just milk chocolate, however, this definitely did not disappoint! We has strawberries, bananas, pineapples, marshmallows, pound cake, brownies, and blondes todo in the chocolate. Mmmmmm, my mouth is watering just recapping the visit.

After dinner, we saw The Mockingjay part 2, which was awesome! I read all the books a few years ago, and I love the movies because I think they were castes very well, and the story line is always very close to the book. So! If you have a need for a wonderful romantic date with your hubby, I would highly recommend The Melting Pot, even though it's a more pricey choice than we would normally go to. It's definitely worth it, and you have so much time to talk and catch up. What are your favorite romantic dates? I would love some new ideas!
Much Love, MichellešŸ˜˜

No comments:

Post a Comment