Pages

November 24, 2015

A Wife's Purpose

Some of the things covered in the first chapter of The Excellent Wife at first seemed a little redundant, however, even though I've been told several of these things in the past, I'm still not living like I have been taught them.

Number 1 being to put Christ first.
          Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness,"

Sometimes I feel like by now in my walk, I should have it all figured out, but I know that it's something that will never be "done".  The closer I get to God, the more flawed I see myself as.  Not in a depressing, down on myself way, just that I see that I'm not perfect, and still have room to move forward.
          Philippians 3:14 "I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

My next priority in my life? My husband.
          Genesis 2:18 "Then God said, "It is not good for man to be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him."

So, I was created to be my husband's helper.  We were all created in God's image, and God comes in 3 parts: The Father, The Son, and The Spirit.  Until Eve was created, God saw the gap in the relationship between Him and Adam, and Eve was put there to complete the three part relationship.
          Ecclesiastes 4:12 "Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves.  A Cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Going back to the book, the rest of the chapter goes over every Christian woman's worst nightmare, (or is it just mine?) Proverbs 31.  Now, I have nothing against the Proverbs 31 woman, except she seems totally unattainable!  Shes perfect, or at least as perfect as a woman can be.  I love her, and I want to be her..... but is it possible? Lets look at this verse:
          Proverbs 31:10 "An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels."

Now think back to the last time someone considered you more precious than jewels.....*tick, tock, tick, tock,*.......anyone think of a time like that?! I know I can't.  But still, we must press onward, just like we are advised in Philippians 3:14.  Press onward toward the goal friends:)

Last but not least, I's just going to list some traits of the Proverbs 31 woman.  Maybe if I focus on one thing every year I can get them all accomplished by the time I'm 45;)

  • Fears the Lord
  • Noble
  • Wise
  • Generous
  • Trustworthy
  • Has a plan
  • Crafty and creative
  • Honors her husband
  • Thrifty
  • Hardworking
  • Selective
  • Speaks kindly
  • Watchful, and not idol
  • Works willingly
  • Supports her family
  • Sets her standards high
  • Hopeful
  • Strong
  • Not afraid
  • Blessed
  • Talented
  • and Prepared

She is beautiful, and it says nothing of how she looks.  I crave to be her, and I hope you do too.

Much Love, Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment