Pages

November 17, 2015

Coffee and a Good Book

I started this blog to share my process of becoming a better wife, however, I haven't been sure where to really start.

God has put it in my heart that this is something I really need to focus on. Seriously focus. Because I have a really hard time doing that. Focusing. I love projects, and I get so many ideas of projects to do, I have a really hard time doing anything from start to finish in a timely matter. Or sometimes finishing in any matter. 

So I really think God is trying to teach my to focus at this season in my life, and I think he's doing that by encouraging me to be a better wife. Kaleb and I (that's my husband) have been married for 4 years and have been together for 8 years. And I truly love him. Don't get me wrong, he still makes me crazy, but there is defiantly a deep love for each other that I know will get us through (most) things. 

However, I don't think I've been the best wife that I can be. Like I mentioned before, I like projects, and sometimes I get consumed in them and forget I have other duties and responsibilities to attend to. And Kaleb has been wonderful in putting up with everything our whole relationship, but I know there's room for improvement.  I've recently realized I'm a bit of a do-it-myselfer (not to be confused with a diy-er) and I never, NEVER, ask for help. I can do it myself. Not to even mention my total lack of understanding what it means to respect someone. 

So, anyways, enough about me. Well not really I'm still in the rest of the post haha. I recently was told about a book called "The Excellent Wife" by Martha Peace. I researched it on Amazon, and asked a few other friends if they had also read it. The verdict was wonderful! Everyone I asked about it had nothing but good reviews. And I saw that it dealt a lot with biblical submission. So, off to the library I went. I also ordered the study guide off Amazon for my personal use. So, that's my first step in the right direction. I'll be posting more about the book coming soon!

Much Love, Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment