Pages

October 26, 2015

Seeking sanity

How do you keep your sanity with different activities going on? For example, we've been very busy planning a story book Halloween experience at the local park, along with movie night at the community theatre, and between that and work and church, our house had suffered a few causalities. The dishes in the sink have been "soaking" for 3 days, the laundry room got a new "dirty clothes" throw rug, and I don't think I've cooked a meal since Wednesday. Ugh. Surely someone else has been here, right? (Can I get an amen!) I've been here before! 

But somehow, someway, we've made it out. I don't have any advice on how to do it, other than just to start. It's times like this when being overwhelmed and depressed seem to have the loudest voices in my head. I tell myself there's no way to get anything done so I might as well not start. 

But something I heard the other day started playing through my head as I sat to write this down; is this something my Heavenly Father would tell me? Because if it's not, it must be a lie. 

Jesus tells us in John 8:44 "When he (the devil) lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies." 
So I must push past these feelings. I can get my house (and let's face it, life!) back together again. 

My favorite verse for times like these (and many other situations) is Philippians 4:6 "“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done." (NLT). I love it because it's a simple step by step process of something I can do every time I feel like I'm sinking. Stop worrying, instead pray. Tell God what you need, and then thank Him for everything he has already done. Seriously, try it next time you get that sinking feeling in your stomach, it's a lifesaver:)

Much Love, Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment